Saturday, August 25, 2012

Finding joy in meeting my new friends...HOPE and OBEDIENCE.

"To You, O Lord, I lift up my soul. 
O my God, in You I trust...
None of those who wait for You will be ashamed.

Make me know Your ways, O Lord; 
Teach me Your paths.
Lead me in Your truth and teach me, 
For You are the God of my salvation; 
For You I wait all the day."
Psalm 25:1-5

You are my hope. 
HOPE. Thats a big word. Thats a heavy word. That word, could make or break your day and even your life. 

We all HOPE for many things through our day, small and large. As believers, we can confidently say that our eternal HOPE is in the Lord and our salvation through His Son. Our foundation is set.

But what about the "smaller" hopes that invade our daily lives. Yes, they will not survive into eternity, but they will surely impact eternity. 

This verse has been hanging in my bathroom for over a year, written and prayed with extreme HOPE. 
"With respect to the promise of God, he did not waver in unbelief but grew strong in faith, giving glory to God, and being fully assured that what God has promised, He was able also to perform." (Romans 4:20-21)

My hope has been planted in redemption of situations and relationships. However, the "promise" has only been partially fulfilled. Glimpses of completion that are ruined by moments from the past. I have been discouraged to say the least. Until this week...

A moment of extreme sorrow and brokenness lead me to talk to a wise woman. Little did I know, how God spoke through her was simply preparing my heart for what HE was about to do. 

I have learned in the last 48 hours about the twin sister to our friend HOPE. Her name is obedience. They are never separated. 

The following verse in Romans says, "Therefore, it was also credited to him as righteousness." The key to Abraham's hope in God's promises was his actions. He was obedient when the promised had yet to be fulfilled. His faith never wavered in God, it was never dependent on the outcome. 

I simply wanted to sit back, pray, and allow God to be a genie and fulfill all my wildest desires and hopes. Ha, it even sounds stupid typing it. But this has been the last two years of my life. 

He spoke clearly that I was being disobedient. He brought to my attention the fact that I was living for an outcome He has NOT called me to. God is able to perform anything He wants, whenever He wants it. That's faith we have in Him. Faith is also knowing that God is going to do what is absolutely BEST for me and His kingdom. 

My hope has not been in Christ and the building of righteousness in my life. It has been placed in outcomes I want to see come to fulfillment. 

HOPE and OBEDIENCE. My hope is now that God is glorified and that I am not consumed. That the power that raised Christ from the dead is also the power that is living in my life. I respond to that in obedience. Obedience to love, obedience to serve, obedience to seek His face when EVERYTHING is pitch black around me. 

What better award then to hear, "it was credited to her as righteousness." 
I will cling to the things that are written in God's Word....His promises. "For I am fully assured that what God has promised, He was able also to perform."